Project name: The Waikowhai Coastal Walkway (Onehunga Foreshore to Bamfield Place)
Project location: Onehunga, Auckland
Timeframe: Completed April 2017
Description of the project, and Frame’s role
Frame Group was engaged by Auckland Council to design and contract manage the construction of timber boardwalk as part of a section of the Waikowhai Coastal Walkway (between Onehunga Bay to Bamfield Place).
- Concrete walkway connecting Taumanu Reserve to the new boardwalk.
- Approximately 425m long by 2.5m wide timber piled boardwalk.
- Narrow boardwalk section to accommodate power pylon.
- Large rest area with corten steel inscribed artwork panels.
- A small timber staircase near Bamfield Place allows public access into the CMA (Coastal Marine Area).